Mortgage Assistance Program (MAP)
The Mortgage Assistance Program is a down payment assistance program created to help low to moderate income families become homeowners. The program develops the participant’s ability to obtain, retain and maintain a home and relies on the individual’s ability to obtain non-predatory home financing with Cherokee Nation providing monetary assistance for down payment and closing costs. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they begin considering the possibility of home ownership; MAP staff will help families identify and remove barriers to homeownership and create a financial plan to ensure success.
The program provides qualified Cherokee Nation citizens with up to $20,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance for a home located within Cherokee Nation’s jurisdiction. For more information please contact Cherokee Nation Commerce Services at (918) 453-5536.
* Applicant must provide proof of Indian nation citizenship with Cherokee Nation citizens being given first preference
* Household income must not exceed 80% of the National Median Income as determined by NAHASDA
* Applicant must not owe any outstanding debt to Cherokee Nation, any Cherokee Nation entity or the Housing Authority of Cherokee Nation
* The applicant and co-applicant must be first time homebuyers
* The applicant nor co-applicant must have never received homeownership assistance from any Cherokee Nation or Housing Authority of Cherokee Nation programs.
Please contact the Cherokee Nation Commerce Department for more information at 918-453-5536 918-453-5000.
Mortage Assistance Program Application