Community Shield Insurance
The Community Shield Homeowners Insurance Program is a self-insured risk pool with coverage provided by AMERIND Risk Management Corporation, a Native American owned organization that provides coverage in Indian Country and is not state regulated. Policies issued will be an H03 policy and will be provided based on the current replacement cost of your home.
Eligibility Requirements Include:
- Must be a member of a Federally recognized tribe, preference given to Cherokee Tribal Members,
- Income cannot exceed 80% of median income guidelines or below,
- Home to be insured must be located within the 14-county Cherokee Nation jurisdiction,
- Home to be insured must be the homeowner’s primary residence,
- Home to be insured cannot exceed 2300 square feet.
- Home must be being assisted or have previously been assisted with NAHASDA funds.
For more information about the program and to request an application, please contact 918-456-5482 ext. 1200.